What is the effect of sill plate height on foundation wall?

MattCarp

Go to solution Solved by solver,

I have a "finished" plan (is it ever really finished? :)) - single floor with a full basement, poured concrete foundation walls.

I then decided to make the basement a foot "taller" by adjusting the room size.   I changed the absolute elevation of my rooms from -104 5/8" to -116 5/8".    I did that for each room in the basement.   This worked fine....except, it left a small gap at the top of the wall, between the wall and ceiling.

You can see that in the second attached photo, on the right.   I then changed the height of the sill plate from 1 1/2" to 0", and found that this gap was closed (see third attachment).   In the second attachment you can see the effect of this on the wall segment that is tiled - it ends right at the ceiling like it should be.

Now, what is the effect of this?   Do I lose my first floor sill plates?    This can't be the proper way to fix the gap, can it?

My goal is not just to make it look right.   Rather, I want to make sure my framing and materials list are correct, too.

Has anyone else done a similar thing, and, what was the right way to do it?

....and then the plan will be finished!!

Screen Shot 2022-09-11 at 9.58.40 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-09-11 at 9.56.37 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-09-11 at 10.01.35 AM.png

Eric,  once again, you have demonstrated how you have earned the account name solver !!!

You were exactly right.   A friend defined the "Foundation wall-finished", but put the furring strip and drywall, yes, on the main layer!   I clicked into the definition and selected those layers and chose "Move Down..." to put them in the Interior category.

Issue fixed throughout the basement!

Thank you!

Screen Shot 2022-09-11 at 3.32.59 PM.png