Story and 1/2 loft railing extending through roof

jimscelz

For many questions, and this is one of them, attaching your plan file will help someone help you. So many possible settings and ways of doing things, having the file eliminates lots of back and fourth.

14MB size limit. Zip or remove unneeded things like furniture, cars etc. if it's larger. Close the program before zipping and attaching.

Sure appreciate your help Eric.

Unfortunately, the post height nor the room divider had any effect.

I've been through many tries on this and vaguely remember at one time I got the rail to look like yours in the first pic where the top beam of the rail follows the roof slope.  Now mine only looks like the third pic

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Strange set-up.
I'm guessing that you need to keep the railing to keep the 'loft' room, but you want to remove the roof protrusions?
Add a wall break near each end of the rail wall.  Open each outer portion and make them invisible.
The white portion sticking out of the roof, is the diagonal railing. Why are those other railing walls there?

If you want to see a  3d view of the loft, with the 3d view selected, open tools > display---and uncheck ceiling surfaces, and roof planes.

image.thumb.png.88263fddf1e90011c9cc8bd40ea11c24.png