Easy bathroom questions - wall tile and shower faucet

MattCarp

Go to solution Solved by Rookie65,

I'm doing a simple bathroom in HD Pro 2023.

Is there a way to tile part of the wall?   I'd like tile behind the tub, but the wall is part of a longer wall, so when I change the surface, it applies it to all of the wall (beyond the tub).   I tried deleting the wall and butting two together, but HD then combined the wall and deleted the tile from the tub wall!

Question 2 is no big deal, but, there doesn't seem to be a standard tub with a shower head?   Just the spout and faucet handle...  Is there are way to put the overhead shower head?

Screen Shot 2022-09-05 at 9.11.39 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-09-05 at 9.23.09 AM.png

• Solution

The tile can be done a couple of ways. Either use the "break wall" tool where the walls intersect and tile just the section you want. Or you can use a soffit made of the tile material you want and manually place it.

For the shower you can try searching for "shower hoop" and see if that works for you. There are several items to select from in the library.

In Pro In an elevation camera you can use the "Custom Backsplash" tool, found under Cabinet Tools. Basically you draw, using the tool selected to create a closed polyline into which can be assigned the tile pattern of your choice.

Another method of doing this in Pro is to as Rookie suggested, using wall breaks to isolate sections of walls around a tub or shower you can then assign to those wall segments, using the "Wall Coverings Tab" of those isolated wall segments to assign custom materials and define the height and width of those walls to display the materials of your choice.

DJP

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 9/5/2022 at 6:22 PM, MattCarp said:

I'm doing a simple bathroom in HD Pro 2023.

Is there a way to tile part of the wall?   I'd like tile behind the tub, but the wall is part of a longer wall, so when I change the surface, it applies it to all of the wall (beyond the tub).   I tried deleting the wall and butting two together, but HD then combined the wall and deleted the tile from the tub wall!

Question 2 is no big deal, but, there doesn't seem to be a standard tub with a shower head?   Just the spout and faucet handle...  Is there are way to put the overhead shower head?

Screen Shot 2022-09-05 at 9.11.39 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-09-05 at 9.23.09 AM.png

check out faucet manufacturer

Curious, my PO switched to a house bathroom faucet for some reason, and I would like to go back to an RV style with the pull knob for the shower. Any opinions on brand or what have people bought? There seems to be a few choices out there but not too many and don't feel like buying the wrong thing or the bad brand. Suggestions?