How to build an "overhang" style porch roof

Oldracer21

I posted the same question in another section and perhaps I should have posted it here.  I'm a newbie with the software and I'm also not a builder.  However, I'm trying to build a two-story house with the porch in the attachment over a first-floor porch with a slight elevation.  I want the porch to run the length of the house.  I've searched and looked at numerous videos, but cannot find anything that speaks specifically as to how to do this - although I'm sure there's some guidance out there.  I would appreciate it if anyone can share some suggestions or point me in the right direction.  Thanks in advance.

PorchRoof.JPG

Thanks for responding.  Yes, I did all of that and I get a roof, however it is at the 2nd story level.  I cannot figure out how to get the slanted roof style over the first-floor porch as shown in the picture...I'm missing something but am continuing to try other things...

For many questions, it's helpful to attach the plan file, or one that demonstrates the problem. Close the program before attaching, 14MB file size limit, so zip and/or remove unneeded things (cars, furniture, plants etc) that do not relate to the problem.

Usually all that's needed is the plan file, not a Full Backup, unless the question is about materials.

Thanks for the suggestion Grechief - I found where to check that box - and did so, but honestly it had no effect which makes me believe I'm going about this incorrectly.  Many, if not most common houses have a simple porch with a simple, slanted roof over them that is attached to the house wall and supported on the other side by columns of some sort - usually 4x4's or 6x6's.   For such a simple thing, I'm finding it very difficult to figure out how to do it simply.  I've been cautioned about taking up everyone's time so, I'll keep experimenting.  But, thanks for reading my problem and offering....

@Oldracer21

On 9/1/2022 at 9:11 PM, solver said:

For many questions, it's helpful to attach the plan file, or one that demonstrates the problem. Close the program before attaching, 14MB file size limit, so zip and/or remove unneeded things (cars, furniture, plants etc) that do not relate to the problem.

Usually all that's needed is the plan file, not a Full Backup, unless the question is about materials.

On 9/1/2022 at 11:54 AM, Oldracer21 said:

Yes, I did all of that and I get a roof, however it is at the 2nd story level. 

Hi!   Question... because I see folks commenting about the porch and haven't seen you directly respond to that - did you already create a porch (using the railing tools) and then define that room as a "porch"? I am wondering if you are double clicking the main room inside the house, or if you are selecting the newly defined "porch" room...