Home Designer Pro - Exterior Gable forms on Interior Wall

ChiefProUserPkw

Go to solution Solved by Rookie65,

I received some great instructions on HomeTalk by David Potter on how to create a gable roof over a porch and it looks good on the outside. At first, I didn't notice that the interior ceiling had a gable too.  I want the interior ceiling to remain a shed.  I was not specific about this in my earlier request; so again, my inexperience is showing. I've done by best to research this before I asked for help again but I'm stuck. I'm hoping someone will help me with this issue. Gable_protrudes_Into_LR.plan

Gabel_In_Kitchen_Wall_Pic.jpeg

Resolved ...

I already read/viewed "Getting Started", "Creating Hip & Gable Roofs Manually", "Using Gable Roof Line Tool", "Advanced Roof Design", "Preferences and Defaults" etc. before coming to this forum.  Documentation and videos helped me successfully build a Clerestory Roof (there are two manual ways) plus assistance from this forum helped me tie a porch gable roof to the clerestory roof.  I know the value of good resources.  Anyhow, out of exasperation, I started playing with the roof planes, wall heights, rail specs, etc. and resolved the interior wall problem.  Unfortunately, I'm unable to share what I did as a tip because there was no order to what I did.  Trial and error.

I'm a retired Senior Systems Analyst so logic and complex systems are not new to me.  Seems my daughter's request for me to design her new home is presenting me with a new challenge. Don't worry, we have an architect that will review our plans and make changes if needed.  :)