Infills

RobynKS

Hi when I created a loft during this mornings practice session there was a gap between the 2nd floor, flooring and the first floor ceiling.

This always happens I usually just leave it. But this morning I thought I would study on how to address this issue.

I could not find any info so I put a soffit there to create a neat look. But I cannot work out how to cut the soffit to fit.post-620-0-53697200-1425928666_thumb.png

Many Thank Robyn

cant see the Soffit you used in that pic but you can't "cut" soffits just resize them ,adjust material and height etc. 

Are you sure the "Gap" isn't just because you haven't built the Framing yet? so it looks empty.....

Also the problem you mention is often caused by mis-aligned walls  though this may not be apparent if you have changed the Wall Definition ie it's layers and have something setup incorrectly .

http://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00038/38/Chief-Architect/Floors/Resolving-a-Gap-Between-Floors-in-Camera-Views.html

You can post the plan too R.  so we can look at it for you

The soffit Mick has a red box around it. I know how to change the height and all the other measurements but it needs a 45° cut on the western wall. As you can see in the picture it is sticking out past the roof.

I saw the red box but pic is so small I can't see the details ,zoom the view before you take the pic 1st. 

you can't cut soffits,  use shapes if needed

I'm still not sure why you need to do this though ?  it sounds like you didn't build the framing so the floor joist appears as a blank space instead... but?????

post the plan ?

M.