Brick stairs in outdoor stairwell

ChiefUserTom7

I’m using Home Designer Pro 2023.  I’m modeling my home and am having trouble trying to figure out how to draw a stairwell with brick stairs leading from my patio on the main level to my basement level.  I have a walk out basement/garage.  I’ve tried drawing a terrain wall, a retaining wall, a slab, etc.  I can’t seem to make it work.  The terrain shows through in spots.  I’m attaching some pictures that might help.  Any suggestions would help.  I’ve scoured the training videos on the Chief Architech web site, but can’t seem to find one that instructs me how to do this.  The patio and stairwell are on the back side of the house.  The house is on a hill with sloping terrain down on all sides.  

294DBE31-18FF-4E74-A548-9AFBDEEDFA4B.jpeg

EC2B5060-3979-4A07-89FD-992D59083040.jpeg

24 minutes ago, ChiefUserTom7 said:

Anybody else out there have any suggestions?

The plan you attached has no terrain, and it opened in Pro 2022, not 2023. Are you really using 2023?

Did you upload the wrong file -- one without a terrain?

I probably created this file in an earlier version of Home Designer Pro, probably 2021 or 2022.  I updated this file in 2023 version, however.  This one has the terrain, though I have altered the terrain somewhat on a file on my other computer.  This should suffice for the questions I have, however.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  By the way, is there a way to request help from a specific member on this forum?

IMG_0606[66172].jpg

Bent Tree X12 CV3practice_auto_save4_auto_save.zip

I had a guy help with the plan a few years ago and he used Chief Architect to do some of the drawings.  The mulled windows are large fixed windows.  I like what you have done in the picture.  Can you show me how you did this?  Also, there's a landing at the bottom of the stairs and one step down further to the stairwell.

You shared your plan earlier while it was actively open in HD Pro, when when done results in an unusable copy of the plan file. Close Pro and THEN upload a copy of your file, only that way will others then be able to view and edit (help you) the file. I finally found your good copy, thank you.

DJP