Walls "float" over slab foundation

jpompeii

PR House Plan.planI'm modelling an existing cement-block home with a slab foundation.  In 3D view, all my walls are floating over the slab about 4".  In Default Settings > Floor Levels > 1st Floor, If I set the floor depth to 4", it will fill the gap between the slab and the walls for all walls and wall sections that surround the interior of the 1st floor..  I'm new to Home Designer so please pardon my inexperience.  No matter what I try, I can't get the walls to sit directly on the slab foundation.  I attached the plan file in case that helps.  Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

thanks.

sw: Home Designer Pro 2023 (just installed), Windows 10

House Plan Issue.JPG

PR House Plan.plan

1 hour ago, jpompeii said:

I'm new to Home Designer so please pardon my inexperience.  No matter what I try, I can't get the walls to sit directly on the slab foundation.

Suggest you watch one of the getting started webinars on YouTube -- see link above.

There is also a tutorial linked under the Help menu that shows the basics.

As for your question, you normally use the Build Foundation function instead of manually drawing a slab.

Thank you for the responses, and the links Eric.  When I change the slab parameters barthmv, it does indeed fill the gap.  If I create a slab that's 3", there remains a 1" gap between the slab and the bottom of the walls. 

I erased the slab and used the Build Foundation function as you suggested Eric to create a 4" slab foundation, and after doing that, it created a 4" slab + 4" stem wall which pushed the building up 4 more inches from the terrain base.  If I remove the foundation, the walls stay floating 8" above the terrain.   There is a parameter somewhere that is setting the distance from "floor 0" or the terrain base to the bottom of the walls. 

Thanks a bunch Eric.  I'm not trying to do anything specific, I just didn't know what I was doing well enough and somehow through the setting of defaults caused that behavior.  I'm just going to start over and follow the proper process for creating the foundation.