How Do I Create A Door Schedule??

ddestimate

To my knowledge, to create any kind of "schedule" you will need to use the cad tools and draw the lines in as needed. Then using the text tool to add text- experiment and practice will make it work. There are no ready made templates (that I am aware of) in home designer series of soft-ware. Once you have a schedule made, you can then save it in a blank plan and use IT as a template for other plans/schedules. That's what I have done.

Thanks for your response, that is exactly how I have been making my Window and Door Schedules......but I knew there had to be a better way.

I stumbbled into the "better way" today.

Create a material list, then from display remove everything except windows and door, then remove  the rows you do not want, copy and paste to floor plan and the open.

Worked like a charm.

I was aware ,like other windows you could display only what categories you wanted, but how did you delete the un-needed info from the category eg the hinges ,hardware etc? I can select those rows but I can't delete anything, or did you export to Excel and then paste back?

thanks

M.

From floor plan;

• view create a materials list
  • from materials list window click on tools
  • then display options
  • from materials list display options uncheck everything but windows and doors
  • you will now see only doors and windows
  • highlight everything and go to edit
  • push copy
  • go to floor plan
  • right click and paste
  • open......you can then edit  words, rows, size..
  • makes a nice window and door schedule......pretty neat
  • Like 2

ddestimate,

That is very awesome use of the tool at hand (I have been spoiled by Chief Premier and so never looked how it could be done in HD), very well done! The best way to really learn something is to teach it to others because the learner often end up teaching you!

DJP

• Like 1

Ok , I thought there was a way to edit the Materials list itself after you set the display options ,so I didn't need to edit the output "in plan" once pasted...

You can export to Excel and do this and paste back too .....note that the export to excel seems to be the only option that exports ONLY what you have displayed ,ie Door and Window categories. All the other options export the whole materials list and all columns except html which does the displayed items but all columns.

One other option ,to eliminated that editing is to deselect those "components" eg for Doors the hinges, hardware etc but I haven't found a way to make that the default setting easily but you can edit that info in all Library items , so if you don't need them permanently you can deselect those items for your default window or Door as wished. Otherwise you have to do it per window/per door on the plan, haven't tried it but if you did it to the 1st of each on the plan and copy and pasted the rest of the windows and doors ,that deselected condition may stay?...

M.

I suppose I have it done correctly, but when I try to delete the "un-necessary" rows (like labor + cost etc) nothing works. Dragging and reducing the width doesn't work for me at least.

Also, when I go to edit (where it looks like you can delete those unwanted cells) its all jumble up. Looks like you just have to coordinate the edit dbx with the actual schedule layout. Ok.

post-30-0-32512600-1401807621_thumb.jpg

Evolution, you need to open the area you have highlighted....then everything turns BLUE.....you will then be able to edit/delete.

To adjust the columns, while you are still on the floor plan page with the material list in grey, you can drag the tabs at the top and bottom to change the width and heigth and the number of columns.........

While in the Materials list you can choose the COLUMNS  (up&down rows) such as cost ,subcategory etc AND reorder them by moving them up and down the list , that way you don't have so much to edit out later. You can also deselect whole categories here or in the Prefs. Menu. at anything before making the Mat. List.

You can't however remove ROWS of cellist seems,those need editing out once pasted unless you do as I suggested above and uncheck Components of a particular Item before making the Mat. List.

M.

• Like 1