Attic as living space

ChrisL1988

Hi Guys,

I have a building where the second living floor is in the attic. I understand I have to generate a new floor and then select Move the roof over the highest floor up according to this https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00979/message-you-created-an-object-on-the-attic-floor.html.

I cannot select "move the roof over the highest floor up". 

I have Home Designer Suite 2022 - is this feature not included or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Chris

Without more detailed information as to the specifics of your "Attic" room, let me say this: Like the help article said, you do not "move the roof over the highest floor up". If you are making the attic into a room you merely turn OFF "Auto Build Roofs" and then create a new floor without regenerating the existing roof. The space left under that existing roof is what can be used of an Attic conversion. If you need more head-height in the converted attic room, you then have to tear off the existing roof and build a higher one to accommodate more living space. You control the plate height of the new roof system by your "Finished Ceiling" height that you set for the second floor, that height determines the new height of the new roof planes.

DJP