Getting to a SVG file

Sirfroggis

I use Home Designer primarily for creating floorpans for use in a home automation application. There is a plugin that offers great functionality, but relies on SVG files. I realize there is no SVG export from Home Designer Pro so I'm trying to find a path (import/export using multiple apps) that gets me there, even if it's a bit more work. I need to export a dollhouse view, not just the plan view. Example below. 

I've researched, have access to the Adobe suite, and haven't figured it out. It may not be possible, but before I give up I thought I'd ask here. If there's a way to do this using Chief Architect I'd consider upgrading. Thanks.

Screen Shot 2022-07-01 at 11.18.27 AM.png

I suggest you speak to Chief Architect Sales or Tech Support about this. In my over twenty five years I have NEVER used an .svg file, no Chief Architect or Home Designer software will export to or import that file format presently as far as  I know . Sorry. This software is able to create vector files (.svg files are also vector files) but one would have to select plot lines for the view as it also does pixel based files as well that could not be used as vector (line based) files

DJP

My post says quite clearly that I'm aware that the product doesn't output SVG files. It's thrilling that you have twenty years of experience with the product and have never used a SVG file, but have a specific use case that I explained. I asked for help with "getting to" a SVG file using other products.

3 hours ago, Sirfroggis said:

so I'm trying to find a path (import/export using multiple apps) that gets me there

How are you "trying to find a path"?

A quick web search returns links to conversion programs.

19 hours ago, Sirfroggis said:

trying to find a path (import/export using multiple apps)

Export the dolls house 3D view as a .dxf - and go to a dxf to .svg converter app.

Scalable Vector Graphics, .svg -  files for web use .

See DXF to SVG Converter.

I have saved or exported dxf model views for my use but only in black and white line drawings.

This may not suit your needs.

Thanks for the suggestion, Robborito. Instead of trying every conversion permutation it’s helpful to start where someone has had success. I ended up with a decent SVG, but couldn’t get find a way to end up with color. 

I’ll continue to use graphic exports from the software and skip the SVG plug-in for the other application I’m using until something changes. 

• 3 weeks later...