Editing a .skp file

Firewoman

I've never used SketchUp. I found a file in the 3D Warehouse

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model.html?id=18a90eb6aafe2a8fb9e8bdc9c4a49aa2

In Sketch-up I was able to open it, figured out how to edit it to what I want, was able to import it into Suite 2015, but it's facing the wrong way. I DID try reading and finding in many places how to do this, couldn't, and just need a quick answer as I'm sure it's pretty simple. I need to take what is currently the front of the logo, and make it the top so I can hang the UA logo on top of this rounder apparel rack. Anyone know how in Sketch-Up? Please don't tell me to go to a sketch-up forum.

post-2043-0-58238700-1425669751_thumb.png

post-2043-0-70951500-1425669772_thumb.png

Open the symbol in Sketch Up and then rotate the symbol, save and then re-import.

DJP

Did that work FW ?

It's the UnderArmour logo right?  how do you mean it is facing the wrong way?   cos it appears to be already right , just to high to sit on the Rack

I am assuming the Logo is the top of the rack lying flat like a shelf , if it supposed to be a Logo standing up on the rack then DJP's advice should get it done.

M.

Just tried rotating it. It didn't work. Let me explain better. It will be a plastic 3D UA logo that will hang from the ceiling supended around 2ft above the top of the rack. When you look at it you should see the logo.

Yes, I resized it. I did notice it was hollow, but didn't know how to make it solid and it didn't really matter. As long as you could see it walking in the door on the sketch, just to show the employees what it will look like. Anyway, THANK YOU for all of your help. I got the attached error trying to use the file you sent, but I should be able to use the .skp file since you now have it facing the right way. Good to know it wasn't just me with the rotate tool :wacko:

post-2043-0-14134800-1425767061_thumb.png

BTW... this program really is amazing. I am having a lot of fun finding things in the 3D Warehouse to make the offices look very close to what they will when they are built. Can't wait to show everyone.

Ooops , yes I used the Release that came out Wed. , I'll reopen in 2015 and try again.

My Colours didn't have 1/2 what you used when I got your plan so I just used the carpet colour so you could see the UA Logos well as Bright Orange aint my thang ! :)

Yay! It worked. :D  Thank you, thank you. I am laughing so hard because yes, I do need those logo's and was just thinking... great, I don't know how to do it myself. Maybe we can strike a deal with my terrain on the other plan for those size 12's. ;)

Well you luck is in, slow Sat. night here .....

Apparently most SU artists only make Roadside Billboards :) ,some were huge, so I have attempted to resize them, to make them useable, if you have an issue with any (or All) let me know and I'll figure out what I did wrong if you can't resize if needed.

Nike                  = full size symbols

Nike_small       = 24" high size symbols

Nike_small2     = 24" wide size symbols    (probably the ones you need)

same for Adidas symbols

Enjoy.

Nike_Logos.calibz

Adidas Logos.calibz