high bay garage cant figure out how to get the roof line to adjust

GHProjectTed

Go to solution Solved by DavidJPotter,

Home designer pro 2022

First timer, got the room layout going pretty well, adjusted the single garage door and wall to get the high bay, but can't get the roofline to "see it" or adjust properly, have tried auto and manual roof panel adjustments, looks like I have it fixed then when I go to the ortho projection I get some interesting stuff like the attached screen shot.

TIA

Ted

ortho view GH.jpg

• Solution

In plan view, in the garage "room" the part of that room where you wish to have a higher ceiling (by raising the ceiling when you build roofs, that will cause the roof planes to be higher due to the higher ceiling height). You divide the garage in to two areas, one with a lower ceiling and the other set to a  higher ceiling to accommodate your tall garage bay door and ceiling. This software only does what it is "told" to do by way of settings only.

DJP

Searching the index in the manual, jumping around topics from the table of contents, watching videos and still not quite there - 

supposedly altering walls from a 3d view is going to work, but how to "split" the garage space as a room so that I can have two ceiling heights?

10 ft over the 2 car section and then 16 over the high bay... and then to get the roof to cooperate....

Fun learning but I am chewing up a lot of time...

please see attached.

ortho view GH2.jpg

54 minutes ago, GHProjectTed said:

supposedly altering walls from a 3d view is going to work,

Manually changing wall top and bottom heights is always a last resort tactic. You need to understand exactly what happens when you do so, and new users never do.

Start by Edit>Reset To Defaults

Choose All Floors, Wall Top Heights, Wall Bottom Heights.

The software uses the concept of a Room to automatically control things like ceiling heights. Divide the garage into two sections -- there is a Room Divider wall type for this, change the ceiling height, build the roof.