Gable roof for addition question

buffalo200

Hello, I am adding a ~15' x 20' addition to the right side of my house. The front of the house is a gable roof, and there is also a gable on the side where a former addition for the kitchen was added. When I add in the new addition, the existing right side gable is extending to the new addition. I was successful in this floor plan a few days ago, but now I am starting from scratch and can't seem to get the roofs to work. The existing floor plan is shown on the lower image, and the top image is what happens when I add the addition. The addition is going to become a great room which opens into the kitchen, so the existing wall on the north end of the addition will be gone and a beam installed. This is the load bearing wall for the existing gable roof, so I am not sure why it keeps moving forward to the new addition. Any help would be appreciated! I am using Home Designer Architectural 2022. Thank you

image.thumb.png.8e53248076fd3a10878631ffed4716d4.pngimage.thumb.png.5f48f441b050157691c68e04dfd2a465.png

BASE PLAN-w addition.plan