Building U-shaped stairs

jayson

I'm using Home Designer Pro 2022 on Mac - still new to the software, doing my best to build out a house for the first time.

I'm trying to build a U-shaped staircase, as shown in the screenshot. I'm drawing over a JPG of an existing floorplan. 

A photo of what the stairs look like in our house is attached.

What I've done so far:

1. Created the second level so the stairs have somewhere to go

2. Build > Stairs > Draw Stairs

3. Drew the first stairs up, and the second stairs up

4. Resized the stairs to fill the stairwell area

5. Tried to add the landing

6. Got lost

What's the proper procedure for making stairs like we have in the photo? I've read through the user manual, but can't seem to find how to make these type of stairs. 

Thank you!

Screen Shot 2022-05-08 at 12.20.50 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-05-08 at 12.23.12 PM.png

11 minutes ago, solver said:

You can help everyone by adding that info to your signature (see below for how to turn them on) by clicking on your user name at the top right of the page, click Account Settings, then Signature on the left.

Doing so makes it always available, and keeps others from having to hunt for it.

And, turn on signature display too.

SIG.thumb.jpg.af17109346e9446432098056e258623d.jpg

----

Many questions have been asked and answered. The Home Designer website is a good place to start your search.

Here is a video about searching the forum: https://youtu.be/dDT6wbrrVRM

Resources for self help:

The built in Help System (always a good place to start)

Thanks Eric, I did search the forums as much as I could before asking my question. 

By "got lost," I mean that I tried to add a landing, and could not figure out how to do it. I'm new to Home Designer Pro, and was hoping someone could tell me how to build these stairs, as I'm not able to find the answer to my question in the forum or the user guide.

A word of advice:

Snapping stairs to a landing can be very frustrating.

Keep at it until you get the hang of it.

Landings have to be perfectly sized (side to side) to get the stairs to snap to them.

• Upvote 1

If you're using HD Pro 2022, under stairs, they have U shaped stairs already available. The default is 39" width. You can adjust width and the number of treads for each section to get the layout you want. Good luck

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...