Do I need to upgrade?

jfobes

I purchased Home Designer Suite. I am finding some limitations either in the program or my ability to be creative with it? 

I want to add a gabled entry way roof to add some curb appeal to a house plan. Cant seem to find that. I was hoping to use engineered floor trusses, having some difficulty with that. Are these features found only in the full on version for $500? 

Looking for some advise, will upgrade if needed. 

Thanks,

J

you can't specify the floor structure in Suite it is fixed at 12 5/8" ?    in Pro you can specify the structure and type/size needed. Not sure what HDA allows in this regard , hopefully someone else will pipe up on that point.

shouldn't be an issue to add a gabled roof over your front porch but it aint a one button click type deal :)

1st build a front porch/deck/entry "Room"  ,then you can change the Roof to Gable type once having read the Ref. Manual on the basic Roof types.

you can post pics and your plan here on the forum if you need more help. ( see my sig. for tips)

M.

it would be on the Edit toolbar if available in Suite which usually comes up once you select the window (or door or anything actually) at the bottom of the Plan window , in my old version of Pro it only works on Windows I think?,but that may have changed in 2015 versions?

have a look in manual for Edit Toolbar perhaps I moved mine to the bottom from it's standard location?

M.

Edit ****thought I better check the Tool works over Doors in my old version Pro 10 too.

not sure if this tool is in Suite , does the help specifically say available in Suite?