Difficulty of modelling this roofline

Slippers

Hey All,

I'm hoping i haven't bitten off more than i can chew here. 

Been playing around and following as much info as i can but really struggling to understand how i might go about modelling the overall look of this property

image.thumb.png.8716186c0ace6453e9aa41797d66c1b5.png (back of house

It has gabled walls, but with slope extended downwards, a roof that cuts into the top floor and still has an attic.

I've been hovering around this level of success for a while but am not sure i am going to be able to get it better without help.

image.thumb.png.457b99fa77a96f525a2de24196130f1e.png

Just wondering if anyone would be able to point me in the right direction of how they would go about this and i'll happily run off and give it a whirl

Thanks so much

8 hours ago, solver said:

Learn the manual roof tools.

Thanks, I was hoping to confirm if the roofline was too much for the auto build....and it would appear so.

Time to search for the best instructional video on roofs I guess...

What you are wanting to create is called a half-hip gable roof  (look in your user guide).
The auto-build roof settings are very tricky and confusing for this style roof.

This mock-up was done using auto build roof.

I think that you will keep more of your hair, if you learn how to use the manual roof tools.

image.thumb.png.3374cad880aa423546d0743d19086e1e.png

Thanks for the help, knowing the name is useful.

I had a play last night and made some progress with the manual tools, they are not too bad to get my head around. It seems though you managed to mock up the house more quickly than i can :)