Terrain Issue

Firewoman

Looking for some help. I am wondering why when creating the terrain for this plan, the grey area in which the entire house sits, and is set at 0" for the entire area, creates elevations. You can see in the full overview how it drops down.

post-2043-0-39458200-1425256584_thumb.jpg

I did read through some of those, that's how I was able to get as far as I did (which considering I've never worked on any software like this, I think I did pretty good considering the shape of the lot :) ). And I didn't ask a single question, although I was tempted :)  I guess I am "terrained" out. I was trying to take a shortcut by just asking someone rather than doing three more hours of reading.

terrain issue.plan

The "Grey Area" in your post is an Elevation Line, as is the one outside it, so it acts just like any other elevation line and undulates up or down depending on the elevation line either side of it. ( see 1st KB article I linked above) but you seem to have them lapping over each other.The house Pad is set at 92"

so that is a 7'6" approx. drop to your 1st drawn 0" and I do see 8' on the auto drawn contour/topo lines. Do you have pics or a survey so we/I can figure out what it is supposed to be/look like?

if that area is indeed flat why do you have the house set at 92" ? I think I am seeing a 20' height difference correct? approx....+92" to -144"

My guess is the house should be at 0" too if you want that area Flat.   Note that 0" Terrain height does not refer to the 0" height of the main floor of the house which never changes, with a foundation built the 0" Main floor is actually about 18" above the terrain by default in HD.

M.

I actually started using the rectangle and did a small plan. That's why later when I did this design I tried connecting the terrain lines on the left to see if it would make a difference and it didn't.

Frustrated again.... I probably won't ever need to use this software again other than for these two designs, so I am back to thinking this is too involved with learning all of this. Something a little easier would be better (for me). Let's see how many time I go back and forth saying THAT before I finish this. lol

I'll try again tomorrow. Been working on this all day. Thanks!!!

Sorry FW please reread above , I was editing it as you were replying , apologies for (my) the confusion....

I cleaned up the lines and changed there color etc so I could see there relationship easier. Looks like you have a cliff up the back? where the light blue and red line are touching?

You did pretty good by the look of things , just not sure why your house/TP is set at +92 3/8"

M.

post-25-0-89187100-1425263770_thumb.jpg