Load Bearing Wall Help

wsstrader

Have tied for days to fine out how to designate an interior wall running down the center of the first floor to be a bearing wall and still haven't found how to do this.

it seems like a simple feature in the professional verisons of chief architect by just checking a box in the structure tab of the wall dbx, but that tab nor box doesnt exist in either Home Designer Architectual or Home Designer pro. 

So here I am asking for hepl in showing me how to do this simple task.

I currently use Home Designer Architectual 2014 but am considering moving up to Home Designer Pro 2015 if it will allow me to do this simple task.

Thanks for the help

Tom

In Architectural you can also just use the "Hatch Wall" tool which will change the walls you use it on to a black and white hatch appearance.

Also you can take a wall type that you were not otherwise using in the plan and alter it to look like an "Interior 4" wall" but with a different fill type to designate "Load Bearing Walls" so at least you could show that in a plan view.

Either method will work but will not influence auto framing.

In Home Designer Pro you additionally have a "Bearing Wall" tool that you can use to mark walls as "bearing" and then when framing is built the ceiling/floor joists with then "break" -bear on those so designated walls, the same tool exists in Premier

DJP

In Home Designer Pro you additionally have a "Bearing Wall" tool that you can use to mark walls as "bearing" and then when framing is built the ceiling/floor joists with then "break" -bear on those so designated walls, the same tool exists in Premier

DJP

In older versions, in Pro at least,  it is call the "Bearing Line Tool" and is under the Framing Tools along with the Post and Joist Direction Tools.

In the Wall's DBX you can also check the foundation box , if you need a foundation or thickened footing under the Slab.  Once again I use Pro 10 so am not sure of the Tools in HDA 2014.

it maybe named per DJP advice above if you upgrade to Pro 2015? Dave maybe able to clarify as he has many versions....

M.