Fencing Not Visible

July1980

-- post the plan July ......see 2nd link in my sig for a "how to" thread

-- would be a good idea to add your version and title to you forum sig. too as different versions have different tools and thus answers.

-- didn't build your fence on level 0 instead of level 1 did you?

M

I agree with Mick, a copy of your plan will lead directly to useful answers, otherwise we and you have to guess and hope for the best.

If your Floor defaults (Edit - Default Settings - Floor - Structure Tab - Ceiling Height") is set to a zero height value then nothing would show in any camera views worth mentioning. Another simple but more common error is that "Fences" can be visible in "Plan View" in that "Display Options" but unchecked (turned off) in any camera view (each instance: plan view, full camera views, elevation-cross section camera views, floor camera views) each one has its OWN "Display Options" that controls what you see or don't see per unit of time. It is under your control and choice.

DJP

Thank You!  I did have a "0" in ceiling height.   I'm one day into using this software with no prior experience, but it seems to be working.  I now have fences.

It was strange becuase I could draw fences in the "0 level" - setting explains that

Version is 2015 (15.2.0.87X32).

BTW, I bought the software because the landscape architect says he only works in 2D.

Since this is my first attempt, I punted and broke the house into three sections...I was not able to figure out the roof lines, etc.  What seemed to be toughest is that I have 7 separate buildings at my house including three barns, and I found it difficult to get them to "sink" into the terrain, or not inherit properties when I changed one.  Plus walls range from 36" thick to 5" even in one building.

Still have not figured out how to change gable exterior finish, but I'll get there.

Also had trouble importing surveyors Z,X,Y files but it was easy to scan and trace contours.

Thanks again.

post-2108-0-59718600-1425334127_thumb.jpg

post-2108-0-49696700-1425334135_thumb.jpg

looks to me like you are doing ok July , sounds like your existing house is pushing the Software to the limits though.

some versions can import Topo data ,you said 2015 but version 15 is 2014 isn't it?  also what title? HD Pro ,Suite , Architectural?    they all can do different things which is why we suggest adding title and year/version to you Forum Signature ( see bottom of my reply)

M.