What is "the Move color set"?

jKaufmann

For HD2020 Reference Manual, page 773 has this paragraph:

Active camera symbols use the Move color set in the Preferences dialog. All other display attributes are derived from the “Cameras” layer. See “Colors Panel” on page 83.

But page 83 has nothing about a "Move color" (set or otherwise), and there is no other reference to "Move color" in the Reference Manual or User Guide. Now, after an hour searching external sources, I still can't imagine what that might mean. Can someone help?

No, I'm sure you're not trying to be difficult, but when (after trying without the manual) I don't understand something, my habit is to RT()M until I do. I usually find that by the time I understand the explanation I have workable proficiency. I've gone through all the 3D view options to try to get a feel for what makes sense where, but on this point I just don't understand the explanation. Do you think I should call HD support to ask about what is intended by that paragraph?

I still don't know what information you are trying to find in the docs. Why are you looking at page 773 in the reference manual?

I don't have Pro 2020 installed, but the 2021 reference has this.

Active camera symbols and callouts use the Selection Line color set in the Preferences dialog. All other display attributes are derived from the “Cameras” layer. See “Colors Panel” on page 64.

There are errors in the manual. When changes are made to the software, those changes are not always reflected in the manual.

And the above might be better written with the insertion of a comma after the word color.

Active camera symbols and callouts use the Selection Line color, set in the Preferences dialog. All other display attributes are derived from the “Cameras” layer. See “Colors Panel” on page 64.

What I'm asking for is something like this:

I want to do (fill in a description).

Looking at page 773 in the reference manual I see this (quote reference manual), but it does not make sense. There is no (fill in problem here) when I look at page 83.

First: That's it! - just a manual error: "Move" => "Selection Line". And you were right to insert the comma.

Second: The reason I did not start with 'the manual does not make sense' is because I presumed the problem was with my understanding, not with the manual. [I don't think I should jettison that presumption yet. ;)]  At the same time, I quoted from the manual to provide the context for what I was not understanding.