Facades

RobynKS

Hi All This month I want to learn all there is about Facades. Taking pictures of existing homes and redesigning there Facades. Some of the homes I have been practicing on thus fa have too many trees for a good shot of the house . I drawn the house then I try to add the new materials and I have no troubles with that. 

When I try to add decor to the exterior  I run into trouble.

Building things I need gives me grief.

My question 

Are there any videos I could watch on adding designer screens to a home.

Adding fancy carports,

Currently the house looks like this

post-620-0-48465900-1425155899_thumb.png

First attempt at adding and removing as first option for the client 

post-620-0-77772900-1425156088_thumb.png

But I want to create something like this with a curved garage door. The door will need to be straight but from the street it needs to appear curved. My window manufacturer can make the windows in the shape of a wave for me,  but I do not know how to draw them here in HD pro.

.post-620-0-74107800-1425157028_thumb.png

You need to download and learn Trimble Sketch Up, once learned you can make custom objects and symbols for import into Home Designer Pro (I am sure you already know you can download shared symbols and objects at 3D Warehouse as well).

With some study, practice, trial and error you can get good with the free version.

A second way to emulate custom objects is by way of custom created texture files (images) that you make in an image editor like Photo Shop or Paint Shop Pro and then apply that to a 3D face of a custom object in Home Designer. 

More complete freedom in terms of custom objects can be more easily had by way of Chief Architect Premier, in terms of greater control when dealing with such custom constructs. Just buying the software is just the starting point, ahead lies a lot of hard study and work to arrive.

DJP

working as an Architect or designer Robyn you should consider Chief Premier , otherwise Su as David suggested is your best option for making objects you need as Curved objects just are not easy in HD Products and as yet you can't do angled or leaning walls etc for Modern designs in HD or CA either.

PS the 3rd image is too small to really see any details.

M.

Thank you both very much. This year I will be learning " Rivet "  It think its called. But my Owner Builders at my workshops  will not be able to afford that nor the learning curve. 

I found this

http://www.homedesignersoftware.com/support/article/KB-01187/ and was wondering if there are any other things such as videos that help with manipulating HD Pro to get a curved roof. I trust that I will be able to use the barrel roof tools to create half a wave.

David thanks for this " Trimble Sketch Up " info.  I will look at that right now and pray the learning curve is  manageable.

You are both a fountain of information.  Bless your cotton socks... 

Yes I read Revit is about $6000US  though your owner/builder maybe able to handle $2000 for the Chief upgrade ? ($500 Pro rebate) 

SU is free so hard to beat , Sketchup Pro is $500US I think so about the same as HD Pro , though you'd want to investigate if the Pro version is really needed, but you can evaluate it for 8 hrs of drawing for free then the Program reverts to the Free SU version.

http://www.sketchup.com/

I have played with the barrel roof tutorial , it is a fun learning example , but you wouldn't want to do barrel roofs everyday that way :)  , another reason for Chief perhaps?

No cotton socks for me :)  but thx....

Forgot to mention you can draw curves in elevaton views etc with CAD ARCs etc for Constructions Drawings , it is getting it into 3D views in HD Pro that isn't easy/doable , with Chief you can of course create you own 3D symbols and Mouldings etc.

M.