insulation between the studs

Tyler2022

I know that Eric has posted a example of this to a very similar question but he never showed how to get i don't know the correct terminology but the strips within the studs . I have looked in my specifications window and i just get studs and i don't want studs of insulation and I'm just curious if insulation would show in 3d 

I don't know if Architectural has this, yet if you go to the wall type that you want to show insulation for in 3D, change the "Main Layer" material to "Insulation w/ Studs" (found in the library under "Insulation". That will show pink fiberglass batts between the studs. The issue with doing that is if you need to draw a wall section through that wall, the studs won't show. So depending on what type of drawing you're doing, you may want to change that wall type to the insulation for 3D views, and back to framing for section views. I hope that helps?

• Like 1

i'm just getting pink studs and I switch to the Institution with studs to see if it's going to fill in the Bay of the studs . I'm just curious if it was a option to show something between the studs and if there is a way can you show me step by step? please thank you 

Why are you intent on showing insulation between the studs?

No one, not permitting officials, not an insulation contractor, not a builder needs this.

If you feel a need to show an example, create a wall detail showing several feet of wall.