Viewing 360 Panorama from Phone while sitting down

sr5844wp

Go to solution Solved by caf200,

Is there a way to view 360 panoramas on your phone without requiring you to rotate your phone around? Is there a way to instead use your finger to rotate around the model? This is quite annoying as most of the time when I view panoramas I'm sitting down in my chair. 

On 2/3/2022 at 2:41 PM, sr5844wp said:

Is there a way to view 360 panoramas on your phone without requiring you to rotate your phone around? Is there a way to instead use your finger to rotate around the model? This is quite annoying as most of the time when I view panoramas I'm sitting down in my chair. 

I use this mode to rotate with my finger. See arrow.  Just tried it tonight on my fairly new phone (Pixel 6 Pro) and worked on my prev phone (Pixel 2 XL). HTH

GGMgBde[1].jpg

• Like 1

On 2/11/2022 at 9:00 PM, caf200 said:

I use this mode to rotate with my finger. See arrow.  Just tried it tonight on my fairly new phone (Pixel 6 Pro) and worked on my prev phone (Pixel 2 XL). HTH

GGMgBde[1].jpg

Hello,

Thanks so much for your reply. I am actually referring to 360 panoramas, and you are referring to 3D viewer models. If you go under 'my account' you can see what I mean.

Do you know anything about the 360 panorama interface specifically? I think the 360 panorama is easier for my clients to view and use from their phones. 

• Solution
2 hours ago, sr5844wp said:

Hello,

Thanks so much for your reply. I am actually referring to 360 panoramas, and you are referring to 3D viewer models. If you go under 'my account' you can see what I mean.

Do you know anything about the 360 panorama interface specifically? I think the 360 panorama is easier for my clients to view and use from their phones. 

You're welcome.

I'm just and end user but I spent a fair amount more time playing with this again.

To levelset

a) the 3D view models

a1) can be viewed on the phone apps if you are logged into your account

a2) via a shared "browser URL" link that user can click on in their PC or on their phone. 

BOTH let you do 360 view rotations

NOTE! on the phone app, you can do this with only your finger by turning Gyro OFF (pict below) or by rotating the phone.

b) the 360 panorama exports are ONLY a "browser URL" link that user can click on in their PC or on their phone.  Both run in an internet browser (Chrome, Firefox, etc).

b1) If I look one of these on my Win PC desktop machine, I can use my mouse to spin around and zoom in and out a little.

b2) If I look at one of these on my Android (Google) Pixel 6 Pro, then it uses the gyro (rotate phone).  I thought I could use the 'b1)' idea and change the browser setting to force 'show on desktop' view and then use my finger like my mouse.  However, this didn't work and I only get a fixed image that I can not rotate. I only tried Chrome and not FireFox.

b3) sort of an aside but creating the 360 panoramas as 8192 x 4096 was way better details than 4096 x 2048 (aka 8K-4K vs 4K-2K).

My recommendation is to have them do

'a2)' --- with Gyro OFF when doing it on the phone or on the PC for a WAY better view

-or-

'b1)' --- WAY better to see on bigger screen anyway

NOTE: make sure they change the Rendering from Basic to Standard.  It seems to default to Basic on my powerful phone or my powerful PC. (I would have guessed it would query the graphics capability and set it to Standard on both).

Phone apps:

Android (Google): https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ChiefArchitect.Viewer3D

iOS (Apple): https://apps.apple.com/us/app/3d-viewer-by-chief-architect/id1083656847

9jtw4kH[1].jpg

• Upvote 1

On 2/14/2022 at 10:38 AM, caf200 said:

You're welcome.

I'm just and end user but I spent a fair amount more time playing with this again.

To levelset

a) the 3D view models

a1) can be viewed on the phone apps if you are logged into your account

a2) via a shared "browser URL" link that user can click on in their PC or on their phone. 

BOTH let you do 360 view rotations

NOTE! on the phone app, you can do this with only your finger by turning Gyro OFF (pict below) or by rotating the phone.

b) the 360 panorama exports are ONLY a "browser URL" link that user can click on in their PC or on their phone.  Both run in an internet browser (Chrome, Firefox, etc).

b1) If I look one of these on my Win PC desktop machine, I can use my mouse to spin around and zoom in and out a little.

b2) If I look at one of these on my Android (Google) Pixel 6 Pro, then it uses the gyro (rotate phone).  I thought I could use the 'b1)' idea and change the browser setting to force 'show on desktop' view and then use my finger like my mouse.  However, this didn't work and I only get a fixed image that I can not rotate. I only tried Chrome and not FireFox.

b3) sort of an aside but creating the 360 panoramas as 8192 x 4096 was way better details than 4096 x 2048 (aka 8K-4K vs 4K-2K).

My recommendation is to have them do

'a2)' --- with Gyro OFF when doing it on the phone or on the PC for a WAY better view

-or-

'b1)' --- WAY better to see on bigger screen anyway

NOTE: make sure they change the Rendering from Basic to Standard.  It seems to default to Basic on my powerful phone or my powerful PC. (I would have guessed it would query the graphics capability and set it to Standard on both).

Phone apps:

Android (Google): https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ChiefArchitect.Viewer3D

iOS (Apple): https://apps.apple.com/us/app/3d-viewer-by-chief-architect/id1083656847

9jtw4kH[1].jpg

You're awesome. Thanks for taking the time to write this!! Looks like if I use the 360 panorama I will just ask them to view it from a computer screen. I'll definitely be using gyro viewing for the 3D viewing from pc. Great tip about rendering from basic to standard. I have definitely had trouble with the 3D models bogging down my computer. 

• Like 1