Quonset or Dome Buildings

JonathanJay

Thank you for your input - Attached are a couple of pics of the type of structure I am trying to design.  Most "Design Plans" offered by Quonset builder sites are, at best very simplistic and rudimentary, and I am wanting to create a custom design from the ground up, complete, much as you would a 'traditional' home.  I suppose I could scan and import some of my preliminary sketches into the Suite? Or will I have to step up to Architectural or Pro?

quonset-1.jpg

quonset-3.jpg

quonset-T-model-4.jpg

quonset-2.jpg

In DP Pro one could manually emulate a curved roof, you create small segments, attached manually, one to the other until you obtain half of a  curved roof, you then copy-paste-reflect the first half and then manually connect the halves into a domed or curved roof. It requires patience, intention and perseverance to  accomplish but IS doable.

DJP

How it is done in Chief Premier.

DJP

In DP Pro one could manually emulate a curved roof, you create small segments, attached manually, one to the other until you obtain half of a  curved roof, you then copy-paste-reflect the first half and then manually connect the halves into a domed or curved roof. It requires patience, intention and perseverance to  accomplish but IS doable.

DJP

How you could do this in Home Designer Pro

DJP

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you David. Great video. Any thoughts on how to make this work for a dome? The exterior is pretty rough, but here is an idea of what we are working on. We are building a farmhouse with silo.

I am using HD Pro 2019

We are wanting the roof on the "silo" to be a dome versus peak. 

261533291_ScreenShot2022-02-16at9_36_13PM.thumb.png.224ab4b7d0ebe16e3133d81ff7914db8.png

This image is the roof we are wanting.

Thanks,

Karen

Image 2-16-22 at 9.43 PM.jpg