Zero-size Room can't be Found or Selected

TCuller

Go to solution Solved by solver,

I apparently have a 0' x 0' room that I can't select or get the label to hide permanently (see attached image). I'm sure I created it with room dividers, but for the life of me I can't find the dividers to delete them. In addition, when I choose the label text and change the style to a small, white font to hide the text, it disappears for a while, but after some time it re-appears as the normal 8" Chief Architect font in dark blue.

I have tried moving other items out of the area around the center of the text and doing a blind drag-over-an-area selection to find it, but nothing gets selected. I've tried Plan Check (it's a REALLY small room) and I'm sure Plan Check is complaining about this room when it reports there is a room that is too small, but it doesn't highlight the room with a circle.

This is driving me batty. As I said, I can temporarily hide the text so my printouts don't contain it, but it eventually re-appears as big and bold as ever. Any ideas how to find and remove it?

I'm running Home Designer Suite 2022 on a Windows 11 PC. Thanks for any advice...

Also... just a suggestion for the Chief Architect folks... The Plan Check highlighter should be something like a thick bright yellow circle instead of a faint black one - it would make the problems easier to find in a complex plan when Plan Check highlights them.

Zero-sizedKitchen.jpg

I see you have two walls at the top of the image that are back to back. Move the blue wall away and see if the label changes.

If that does not work, I would start by making a copy of the plan, then turning off the display of everything in the plan but walls.

Then select a wall tool -- any one, it does not matter which. Hold Shift and marquee select walls in the area.

With the selection still active, hold Ctrl and click individual walls to deselect them. Once you have deselected the obvious walls, and still have something selected, press Delete. 

Thanks, David and Eric. I did try Eric's method, but I'm still unable to find the room. The text keeps reappearing in the same place, and I'm pretty confident that the text is centered over where the tiny room should be, but even marquee-selecting everything in that approximate text box area doesn't result in anything being selected. 

Does anyone know if there is a way to generate a list of objects in a drawing? Maybe that will help me narrow it down...

Thanks, Eric! It's fascinating that, even though that space is 53.5' feet long (or thereabouts), the room was still labeled as 0" x 0".  You also pointed out that I had an extra fireplace hidden in there - thanks for that.

I've only got Home Designer Suite, so I don't know if there is a better way to show the existing exterior masonry wall (grey) with the new stud walls inside (for insulation, plumbing, electrical, etc.) 

- Tom