Glass rendering in PBR

LeftRightDesign

I'm working in HDPro 2021, and copied and pasted a group of objects that includes two wine glasses from one plan to another.  The glass texture is perfect in the original plan, but in the new plan it's completely different.  I also tried copying the camera over to the new plan, but that didn't change anything,

And I don't know if it matters, but I just upgraded my (Windows) machine, so I'm still in the "ah, something else that doesn't work" honeymoon phase of the process. 

image.png

image.png

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

image.png

Do you mind telling me how you achieved the natural looking wine glasses with transparency and light reflection in the image on the right as opposed to the opaque wine glasses in the image on the left. I am using HDPro 2021.

Yes, I tried all those things.  Plus I copied the camera from one plan to another, and nothing seemed to work.  I haven't been able to recreate this material using the same settings in any other program, and I can't figure out why.

I tried to submit a ticket for this, but had trouble uploading the two plans in question.  I should try again.....

I look forward to seeing if you get a fix for this.  I have also struggled to get wine glasses to appear clear and shiny.  My attempts to edit them to help get more clarity nearly made them disappear and still were pretty frosty looking.

I have come up with this so far, working with Material Definition, lighting, material colour, Brightness, Transparency, Emissive setting. The wine glasses still appear to be more realistic though. I will keep trying to achieve that appearance.

Glass.JPG