How do I put a cabinet under the stair landing?

Plainwacky

Hi...
I am trying to put a cabinet under the landing of a staircase and this is what I did...
From the menu under windows, I installed a "pass-through" in the wall, and inserted the cabinet with the right size/height into that opening. All looks good from outside, but when I open up the cabinet, the inside of the cabinet (and shelves) are only as deep as the wall itself, even though I made the cabinet 30" deep. I have played with the various options, but none of them show the full depth of the cabinet. Anyone know how to do this? 
I have enclosed a snippet of the floor plan and the cabinet. 

cabinet.jpg

Thanks Eric! That worked!!!
I actually checked the "open underneath" and as soon as I did, the wall disappeared in staircase shown in the menu just like what your video showed. Thinking that I didn't want the wall to disappear, I unchecked it. However, this time I did what you said, and again checked "open underneath", but when I looked at it in camera mode, the wall was still there, and now I can see the full depth of my cabinet!

Since I have your attention, I have a couple of questions I'd like to run by you, if you don't mind...Can you tell me if the handrail going up the stairs, typically ends on the ceiling above (as shown in the second photo, or should the railing be more inward and go past the landing? 

And in the third photo, is this 3ft 6" a reasonable distance between the wall and the counter in the bathroom?

And lastly...I find strange, is that the plan used to show the toiled under the stairs, and now I don't see it unless I hit return to select near by objects. It disappeared when I redid the upper stairs going to the second floor. (having nothing to do what we just did). I can only see the toilet if I click on the stairs, then press "return" to select near-by objects, and it shows up...otherwise one wouldn't know it was there just looking at the plan. 

cabinet in wall.jpg

railing.jpg

bathroom wall distance.jpg

toilet under stairs.jpg

38 minutes ago, Plainwacky said:

used to show the toiled under the stairs

Open the stair and and look at the Fill options.

Since you are looking for an architect, I'd focus more on the ideas and less on the details. Architects are trained to design and many will prefer to do so and not take a plan, draft it and stamp it as it does not represent their work. They will understand codes related to stair railings, for example.

And I have not seen your plan, but it's very rare that I see a good DIY plan. If you want some honest but usually brutal feedback, post over on houzz https://www.houzz.com/discussions/building-a-home.

Hey Eric....I understand your perspective, however, on the flip side, my plan is pretty much done, and now I'm just trying to learn how things are done, and also how to do things in the program...and one of the reasons I am looking for an architect. 
I'll check out the link....thanks!

Oh, BTW.....the fill option did the job. I can now see the toilet. I must have changed this parameter while trying to "see" the cabinet. Just with this simple cabinet in the wall, I learned about "bumping", fill, and open underneath...features I didn't know existed. 

cabinet.jpg