Floor not visible in 3D views

NorseMN

Go to solution Solved by solver,

There are likely answers somewhere in the forum, but I can't find any way to word my search that doesn't result in either thousands of results, or zero results.

I have a floor in a small room that is not visible in the 3D view.

I can't find any wall or room configuration issues.

The room structure shows the correct floor level, and as far as I can tell, everything surrounding this area looks fine.

I've attached a 3D image that seems to provide a good angle on the issue. (I removed the door sill to improve visibility,)

InvisibleFloor.png

Thanks for looking into this.

I'm finding that, in general, things are working much better in the 2033 version than in my old 2011 version.

There are still some quirks, and most often I find some wall position error or wrong setting.

But I'm really scratching my head on this one.

The issue is in the tiny roof access structure on the 4th floor.

A very steep stair on the third floor leads to this structure.

One oddity is that the structure is between two roof planes. One is created on the second floor and the other on the third floor.

If I might also ask one other trivial question...

In 3D views the underside of the bottom floor, the joists are hidden.

Of course, I can see them in a framing view, but they will be open in the actual house, so is there a way to make them visible in 3D views?

House_3_24.plan

Thanks for your helpful response.

I changed the thickness of the floor finish to 3/4' and reduced the layer 1 item of the floor to zero. AS you demonstrated, and all was then OK.

I understand that it made no sense to set the ceiling thickness values to zero, when I'm using the soffit surface for the ceiling.

But it's something I tried in desperation when I couldn't understand the floor issue.

You're correct that I can't add or delete layers from floor definitions.

Or at least, I can't find a way. (I'm pretty sure that I have done that before, but perhaps it's only for certain items.)

The reason I had the floor defined the way it was, is to match common construction practices here on the island.

No underlayment layer is used here. Pine planks are placed directly on the joists.

When I initially saw that I couldn't delete layer 1, I decided to simply add the planks to the floor definition, replacing the OSB.

After all, it is actually a structural component of the floor, just as the underlayment layer would be.

Then I set the floor finish thickness to zero, because I also couldn't delete that layer.

Those settings are working fine in every other wood floor in the house. So I remain a bit puzzled why this failed for this one floor.

Nevertheless, I will change them all.

Unfortunately, I made the mistake of selecting a template (other than default) when I started and have regretted it ever since.

It seems that that style now provides my defaults, and editing the default values has no effect.

My odd "cupola" design has created a few issues. But it solves several design goals.

I still have issues with getting the walls of the "cupola" to be interior type below the roof and siding type above it.

I'm pretty sure I have this working in other locations. But not there.

Thanks again for your help.

I find that quite often, the most irritating and difficult issues turn out to have the simplest solutions.

Reid

12 hours ago, NorseMN said:

In 3D views the underside of the bottom floor, the joists are hidden.

Of course, I can see them in a framing view, but they will be open in the actual house, so is there a way to make them visible in 3D views?

Display is controlled via layer settings. Each camera has an associated layer set that controls what is shown.