Problems with Attic

Oliver82

Hi,

I'm pretty new to HO but thanks to the huge amount of tutorials and videos I was already able to achieve much of what I wanted. But now I'm stuck with several problems I cannot solve. I have a short third floor below the roof which looks like this:

image.thumb.png.be21993d820549e08d8a8f9856012d62.png

My problems are:

- There is a gap between the walls on the floor and the one in the attic

- The door is pretty small :D How can I achieve that it lasts into the attic wall?

- There's a gap between the attic walls and the roof

- There's a gap in the inner layer of the exterior wall which makes that I see the bricks.

I would be very glad if someone could give me some hints how to solve this problems. The plan is attached (and has several other problems, but they are secondary...).

Thanks!
Oliver

House.zip

Hi David,

Thanks so much for your help, I really appreciate it!

I wasn't aware of the "trick" to first have a short floor, build the roof and then increase to height of the room again.

And I'm glad I didn't do everything wrong :) Maybe some background information just in case you're interested: I live in that house which has at the moment only two floors. Now we're thinking of lifting up the roof to be able to have this third floor. And now I need to visualize that. It's located in Switzerland and yes, the exterior walls are indeed as thick as they are drawn as there's a pretty thick layer of insulation to save energy in winter (when heating).