How to add pilasters to a CMU wall

jimpudar

Hello,

I am trying to model my existing attached garage which has CMU block walls. On two of the walls, there are pilasters (please correct me if this is the wrong term) which project half a block's width into the room and reach about 4" to the ceiling. There's only one pilaster on each of the walls, for a total of two. I added a screenshot showing a rectangle where one of the pilasters needs to go. The other one goes in between the windows.

I've set the room to use a monolithic slab foundation, and my exterior wall type to 8" CMU (block) Stem Wall. I'm not too sure about the actual type of foundation or construction style, it's a 1960's bi-level in Michigan if that helps.

How can I add these pilasters?

Thanks,

Jim

Home Designer Pro 2022 build 23.3.0.81OSX, on a 2019 MacBook Pro with macOS 12.0.1 (21A559).

Screen Shot 2022-01-21 at 9.00.41 PM.png

Edited by jimpudar
Added screenshot

Hi Eric,

I did try using the rectangle tool to create the shape of the pilasters, which does work in two dimensional mode. However I am more interested in something which will show up as a stack of CMUs in the dollhouse view. I also tried creating another wall inside the structure, with type CMU 8", but I am not able to overlap this with the existing wall.

I'm a Fusion 360 user, so maybe I am not understanding the workflows properly. Any hints toward which tools you might try next would be very helpful.

Thanks for your reply,

Jim