Flooring Material Direction(east/west vs north/south)

Stutzman

I am layout out designs for clients and have recently upgraded to the latest version of home designer.  

My question is when for when I show the 3d layout, can the flooring material be rotated 90 degrees?  I would like to show an offset tile pattern that runs the length of the room and not the short run.

If this is possible, how do I go about accomplishing this task?

TIA

depends on the version you have, yet if you go to the room, select materials>floor finish>plan materials>edit, you will see "pattern" & "texture
 on the left side. Some will allow you to change the angle in pattern, yet if not, check texture and often the angle is there. Of course, reading the reference manual will help you answer a lot of questions for yourself, without having to wait for someone to respond.

• Like 1

Thanks for the Help guys.  I did find that way to adjust the flooring direction but not in all views.  Maybe this is a limitation with the software.  as you can see in the attached images, vector view shows the flooring changing directions (the way I would like it to show). However, the standard view does not show it changing directions.  can you confirm that this is a limitation or is there something else I am missing?

Standard 3d view.PNG

vector 3d view.PNG

Thanks Solver.  You have some good insight.  I changed the pattern but not the texture.  Once I changed both that is what fixed it in the end.

and I'm pretty sure my signature isn't causing the layout to render differently in the software... :)

Thanks again!

• Like 1