Red outline? What is it?

thecannonguy

Go to solution Solved by solver,

• Solution
13 minutes ago, thecannonguy said:

I thought that the red lines which appear on the layers were to help show the walls etc in other layers for alignment purposes. What is this exterior line and what does it represent?

The red lines are a result of showing the Reference Display layer set, and the lines may be any color you choose. You need to manually turn this on or off, they don't just appear :)

ht1.thumb.png.49f38a64a87b4b9edf2c80e126fc9c19.png

Think about what that outline might represent.

Eric,  I appreciate your patient teaching style. What is the protocol to enlist paid help getting someone to help me (Nursemaid) edit my design without breaking the bank?, as this home build is our planned retirement home. If I had more time I could do it but spring is coming and I need to get this hammered out. It would be nice to have someone well versed with this program I could call on to assist. Any suggestions?

I originally drew this plan on paper, and did so many edits the paper looks worn. It seemed I should be learning a new trick, which would also be helpful on side jobs as well, so I am doing this. Here are pics of my third attempt at my design, which always has more issues as it progresses. (I learned how to overload a plan with dimensions for one:blink: )  

I am on my 7th attempt and have the basic main living area structure with ledgers and supporting subfloor walls looking fairly correct. When I use Internal ICF walls to create a storm room and separate the garage from the main structure it causes issues (for me) in the design process. (I spent 10 hours just trying to get my knee walls supporting my main living area subfloor correct. Your help was great.) I will also include shots of this 7th attempt.

Next is to add the Master suite/mudroom and garage rectangle onto it without butchering it. So I'm trying to incorporate the complicated design elements properly into the program then add the 1/2 story bonus room truss roof afterwards.

3rd Try ADA HOUSE HD Pro 2021 floorplan.PNG

3rd Try ADA HOUSE HD Pro 2021 perspective.PNG

7th Attempt main living area drawing HD Pro2021.PNG

7th Attempt MLA foundation drawing HD Pro2021.PNG

image_2022-01-21_101716.png

2 hours ago, thecannonguy said:

What is the protocol to enlist paid help getting someone to help me (Nursemaid) edit my design without breaking the bank?

I believe in another of your threads I linked the Seeking Services thread on ChiefTalk.

Are you building in Idaho or Washington?