How to Create an Elevation View for a Layout in Home Designer Pro?

JoeR3155

I am creating Layouts from my Plan and want to include an Elevation view to show overall floor and ceiling elevations.  I'd like the elevation view to look like the view displayed when you select a Room, shown below.

The only Elevation views I know how to create all display surface finishes, like the second screen shot, which is not what I want to put on the drawing.

Is there a way to create views like the first screen shot?

thanks

Screenshot 2022-01-15 161931.jpg

Screenshot 2022-01-15 162439.jpg

You can use either. I use the full section so I can get all of the details I need on it, such as the floor, wall & roof framing details, etc.. Most inspectors will want that information on the plans as well, if this is something you'll be submitting for a building permit.

17 hours ago, solver said:

Answers often depend on which title (Suite, Pro etc) and version (2018, 2019 etc) you are using.

You can help everyone by adding that info to your signature (see below for how to turn them on) by clicking on your user name at the top right of the page, click Account Settings, then Signature on the left.

Thank you.  I've added a signature as you suggested.  I had Home Designer Pro in the question topic but not the version.

I've found Home Designer's training videos extremely helpful, and perhaps gotten a little spoiled by them.  I couldn't locate a video related to creating elevation views of the sort that I would expect to see in blueprints.

Each camera type has an associated set of layers that you can set to display or not display.

If you do not want to see cabinets, then turn off the display of cabinets.

If you want to see framing, then set the framing layers to display.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, solver said:

Each camera type has an associated set of layers that you can set to display or not display.

If you do not want to see cabinets, then turn off the display of cabinets.

If you want to see framing, then set the framing layers to display.

Thank you for the tip