Floor Camera Problem in Two Story Room

JohnAB

Folks, 

I have a problem in the attached  file I created in Home Designer Pro 2019  2022a4octagonal.plan

The semi-octagonal entry room protruding on the left is meant to be open to the level above, so I used the "open below" feature on the 2nd floor to create it. 

My problem is that a floor camera view from inside level 1 of that room shows the first floor wall is ok but above that the room is open to the sky above (see screenshot below). In spite of this, a "full perspective overview" camera shows it works fine from the outside. Even using that outside camera to look at the inside through the window everything looks fine. 

Curiously, I sent it to my friend who uses Home Designer Pro 2020 and the floor camera view from inside the room worked fine for him, although the 1st floor crown moldings .remained and looked a bit flaky. I will paste his result below as well. 

2022a4octagonal.planUnavailable

What have I done wrong? Many thanks for any guidance. You folks are very impressive, I have tapped forums before as a reader but this is my first post. 

Thanks again, 

John

image.thumb.png.0ef5fdbd81842f328d40f32fafd25269.png

808496007_FloorImageHDP2020.thumb.jpg.d69dd2782560229a99b949dc286887a2.jpg

image.thumb.png.c842368834119f5aa2b6f352158b6c80.png

2022a4octagonal.plan

2 minutes ago, JohnAB said:

Curiously, I sent it to my friend who uses Home Designer Pro 2020 and the floor camera view from inside the room worked fine for him

I believe the floor camera was removed from the toolbar in the 2020 version to help eliminate the problem you describe, although it may be added back manually, so I imagine your friend was using the Full Camera.

Problems like this may often be resolved by reviewing the documentation. Reading about the Floor Camera would reveal that it only renders a single floor. 

• 3 weeks later...