Question about foundation dimensions

Ross-Kzoo

I designed my house plans the way I wanted it it to be modifying the dimensions to suit my needs. When I made my automatic dimensions I noticed that the dimension were down to the gnats eyebrow but when viewing the foundation/ walkout level it gives outside of wall to outside of wall dimension of 12' 9 5/8" for the bedroom bump out. Is this common? should I change it to 12' 9" or 12' 10" or will the foundation contractor do that?

post-44-0-56185300-1401555352_thumb.jpg

Read up on and check your Dimension Defaults , you can set the "accuracy" or rounding , I'd say it is set at 1/16ths but can be 1/4 or 1/2" too .

No it would not be common to see a 5/8 dimension usually , but easily fixed with your ext. dimensions , select the wall you want to move slightly , click on exterior dim. number and it should open a DBX and you can change it to 12' 10"..... you may need to shift things (wall?) above by using the align with wall below tool on the floor above too.

M.

online help go to Edit\Defaults\select Dimension and click on help button on bottom right of DBX.

note you can do this on almost every DBX in the HD titles

Reference Manual is under Help\View Reference Manual\ it will download the Reference Manual in PDF if you don't already have it, it is more extensive on a number of topics than the online help and is always my 2nd stop.

online help go to Edit\Defaults\select Dimension and click on help button on bottom right of DBX.

note you can do this on almost every DBX in the HD titles

Reference Manual is under Help\View Reference Manual\ it will download the Reference Manual in PDF if you don't already have it, it is more extensive on a number of topics than the online help and is always my 2nd stop.

Thanks, I didn't know that was available. It is now on my desktop.