Manual Dormer

MississippiMims

I am having trouble placing a dormer.  I would like to place a dormer over the walls I have circled in the glass house view attached.  I want a shed roof along the lines of the attached section.  I get all of the normal "walls in the way" or "can't locate wall to support dormer" warnings when trying to place an auto dormer.  So I figure I will have to build it manually.  I figured out how to create a roof opening (thanks to EricOn's tutorial) and can get the walls to extend through the roof.  The problem is getting the walls to extend up the roof to the point where the shed roof meets the main roof without having to extend the wall below the ceiling.  I also want to lower the ceiling in the dormer to just above the window and slope up at 3:12 pitch.  

This will be a hunting lodge and the client wants a sleeping loft for his grandkids.  

Dormer Walls.png

Shed Roof.png

Arinder.plan

That is the tutorial that I referenced.  For some reason It wont let me attach another photo to demonstrate my issue.  I want the dormer wall height set to just above a window but without affecting the room ceiling height.  Then I want the exterior wall to extend and fill in the space between the dormer roof and the main roof without extending below the ceiling.

Very helpful Eric.  Thanks.  The dormer fix video showed me I had to extend the wall, break it, and then change the extension to an attic wall with "roof cuts wall at bottom" selected.  My last question is can these attic walls be turned off in plan view?  I need the exterior attic wall to display for clarity but having the dormer walls show like they are extending into the room will be confusing for the framers.

Dormer Extensions.png