Gable and Portico Roofs over Decks

passivehouse

I am using Home Designer Suite 2015.

I have read the instructions for creating a portico and a gable over a door.  Neither seems to work and there is a blank second story wall above the door wanting a gable.  I am wondering what I am doing wrong.  I would like to place a shed roof over a portion of a deck.  A portico over another deck and a gable over a separate door.  I do not think the height of the roof is impinging on anything above.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Hard to tell based on your description alone what you might be missing/adding.  Could you attach a screenshot of what it is you are getting, and a photo similar to what you are trying to create?

The wall on the floor above is likely an Attic wall, automatically generated over a gable.  You can turn off their display if you find it distracting to see in your floor plan, but they're important to fill in gaps below roof planes in 3D views.

http://www.homedesignersoftware.com/support/article/KB-01102/

• Upvote 1

How to set up and preprogram for various roof types is fully described in the "Build Roof  Dialog - Roof Styles Tab" in your software, in terms of suggestions, I would recommend that you start with those help articles, practicing using the settings after study until you begin to see how the software works for yourself. Then apply that new knowledge to your own creation.

DJP