ceiling plane

AlanS7

I just upgraded to Home designer pro from Suite, so I can solve my ceiling problem. It doesn't see to be possible.

I created a gable roof 90 degrees off of the main gable roof. When I make the ceiling vaulted I get multiple angles.

I want it to follow the smaller 90 degree ceiling. I tried using ceiling planes to do this and they won't join. I manually connected them and the ceiling goes wacky.

I have a couple of invisible walls in the room under the gable. I tried making a tutorial plan as well and it doesn't work. 

How can I make the ceiling follow the 90 degree gable all the way back to the end of the room?

Alan

Homedesigner pro 2022. when I checked help from the error message on ceiling joining it just says it couldn't join.

I haven't looked a youtube yet but I did watch the train videos on the subject. My plan is too big to attach but ll send some screen grabs

Screen Shot 2021-11-30 at 9.50.49 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-30 at 9.49.14 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-30 at 9.54.11 AM.png

I simplified the plan as much as possible and then zipped it. I'm not sure what you men by switching to

vector view since this is a vector app. I don't have any ceiling planes in this because I could not get it to work.

I want the interior roof pitch from the from gable to extend all the way back to the kitchen flat ceiling.

the flat ceilings are working. The vaulted ceiling has compound slopes, instead of just the two coming from the windows.

ceiling example.plan.zip

thanks very much for the video, that helped me understand how it works. It was not clear to me watching the Chief Architect video how the ceiling direction works.This makes it usable now. It still shows a faint shading from the gable roof. I tried lowering the ceiling but then it didn't match the dining room and showed a gap. I'll explore that a bit maybe raise the gable.

Screen Shot 2021-12-04 at 10.33.18 AM.png