Roof behaves strangly..

JOHANJOHAN

Hi! Using Home designer pro I have created a garage with a smaller house on top. At the backend there is a staircase down to the garage. So far everything is OK and I have made my application to get build permit. But in case I need to modify my application and reduce the size of the smalller house slightly, I am trying to modify the design as below, but the roofs behave so strange and I do not manage to get it right. Any ideas?

Br Johan

Orginal.PNG

Problem.PNG

Hi! From the “original” drawing I have reduced the size of the small house on top of the garage by 2 meters, keeping the garage size below the same (staircase now within the garage walls. )

I just want the roof to shape as on the original design. Only difference is that there is a “square “ of the garage with no building on top. Hope it make it clearer =)

Looking at the plane view it seems there are walls surrounding the open square in front of the staircase door. Trying to delete it and it becomes visible and it goes up to the upward pointing roof plane, so the problem seems related to this "remaining" wall. So strange that the very outer part (above entrance door) follows the wanted pitch and stops were intended. I have deleted the roof plane a regenerated several times with the same result. How do I take a way this wall that seems to be the problem?

3e bild.PNG

Thank you for sharing a copy of your file. I looked it over, especially your "Roof Tab" settings in the walls. I have to say I have NO IDEA what you are trying  to do. Is this an existing structure? Do you are can you create and share any photos of the existing structure at all to help clarify what the heck you are trying to do please? TOO many unknowns at this point, sorry. Without more understanding all I can do is guess, which I  had rather not.

DJP

Hi! The building does not exist. The roof should look like in the first picture in the post, which is the original file. Now I am creating an option 2 by reducing the size of the on top building, but fail in getting the roof ok. I printed the erronuos file and tried to manually point out what i try to achieve in below file. Br Johan

439334593_Ritadbild.thumb.jpeg.f06446147eb83afa2ecdd0d395b192d2.jpeg

Thanks so much Jo-Ann and David! I will test your advices!

Very learningfull to see you work David, but I feel a little bad not having said to ignore the "strange" garage roof. The garage roof is a flat concrete terace - but when rebuilding the house roof the zero angle of the garage roof gets deleted and roof gets rebuild, so the last thing I do when ready is to set garage roof pitch to 0. Maybe there are smarter ways...

I understand why the design on the garage may look strange, but the part without building on top is the neighbours, and the garages are just on the property border. So the house on top is like 60 cm into our property to make it possible to maintain without having to walk in to the neighbour =). The garages exists today but will be teared down and rebuilt. Neighbours garage will be rebuilt exacly as today and ours is to become deeper and broader and with the house on top. Attaching a photo of how it looks today - not a too pretty sight...

Once again, many thanks! JohanNuvarande garage.pdf