Stairs - not displaying

mikeSK

Go to solution Solved by DavidJPotter,

I have drawn some stairs from the ground floor to the first floor. The railing on the stairs appears in the 1st floor 3d image but there is no cut-out for the stairs.  I have tried drawing them from the ground floor to the first floor up and from the 1st floor to the ground floor down but it doesn't matter. What am I doing wrong?

• Solution

When you select a stair object in plan view, in the resulting "Edit Toolbar" (the toolbar that appears when any object is selected and disappears when any object is deselected) you will find a command icon called "Auto Stairwell" which  when left-clicked upon, creates a "Stairwell" aka hole in the floor so the stairs can be traveled. Check it out!

DJP

Many thanks - that's great. David I know it's a different topic but your help would be great. I have an L shaped set of stairs. The bottom part up to the landing is solid underneath but the second part is open. No matter what I try ( I select each section seperately for instance) either both are open or both are solid. Is there another trick I'm missing? Thanks. Mike

No "trick" just Go to your second floor. Turn on your "Reference Display" so you can  "see" the "L" shaped stair from the second floor. Draw around the stair with "railing walls" or solid walls as you choose, and then designate the resulting "room" to be "Open Below" (no floor area) which is what the "Stairwell" tool does by itself as above, just manually.

DJP