New to CAD and Home Designer Pro

wrenchmaster

Hello,

I am amazed at the level of detail and refinement available in this product. I am excited to use this program, but before I do,

I need to get down to brass tacks and view some tutorials and do some practice projects. In the near future I will be trying to design a kitchen for my brothers client, hopefully to give them a 3d view of the area. They have a cabinet manufacturer and design,(home depot) but can you download cad pictures for cabinet manufacturers with this product? Or is there a way to create them?

Thanks

Once you learn how to use the existing tools and dialogs, there is much you can do and many styles and finishes of cabinets you can create. There are additional libraries of symbols and materials you can download from the Home Designer Website to embelish even those choices. You can further expand your existing choices by using "3D Warehouse" as a source but first learn the software and how to make it do what can be done.

DJP

Download the User Guide ( and Ref. Manual) available through the Help Menu and work your way through the Tutorials, that should give you a good jumpstart on things. 

The Cabinet options in Pro are very customisable , and different templates already come with different cabinets styles setup , though you can make your own and save them to your Library for reuse too.

M.