Plumbing lines

Walt_Alaska

How do I include plumbing lines in my plans? Doing an addition and I want to show that gray water goes to a seperat drain field while the toilet connrctes to the existing septic tank. Do I have to use CAD to show it? FYI it's because I have a high water table and don't want to overwhelm the existing septic system with excessive water.

In thirty years of professional drafting, I have seldom added plumbing lines, fresh water, hot water and waste water. The fact is plumbers in every state are required to be "State Licensed" and thus they know how to plumb without my assistance. I have seen plan sets that included such data but they were drawn by State Licensed Engineers (Mechanical, Electric and Civil). Since you and i are not trained professionals, I recommend you leave that job to  those trained to it.

DJP

• 2 weeks later...

Also have this issue. HDP doesn't seem to offer much in the way of linetypes as do other CAD programs, so just use dashed lines and Callouts.to tell the contractors what you want. If you can print in color, that can help too. Residential subs will do what they assume/know unless you communicate ahead of time what/why you want something done a certain way.

We designed/built our own house and despite giving the framers specific dimensions on window heights, they set some windows too high and others too low. In the kitchen, the lowered windows would not meet code for receptacles and forced us to built a bar, which totally changed the room function. Once the bar was installed, wanted the sink to be installed in the direction of the TV, since going to have to wash dishes/cook. Drew the lines on the floor for the plumber as to which direction. What did the plumber do? He decided to do just the opposite, saying "who wants to be facing the TV?".

The windows that were too high violated fire code and county told us to build in a seat under the window so fireman could have something to step on if having to enter the 2nd flr window.

Have many more stories like this.

So put what you want but go over with subs and BE THERE!

Spent a few years in Alaska has a kid. Wanna go back before I die.