How to date/timestamp prints

jKaufmann

Probably depends on the purpose.

There are macros that work in Layout like %date.short% I've shown here.

I do not know of a list of these, or how they react when the date changes, for example.

Tell us more about what you want to accomplish.

Consider that typical work flow is to print to a PDF, then print the PDF.

ht1.thumb.png.69f80273e79f9dd1c4012de93fc7175a.png

• Upvote 1

Thanks!  My typical workflow includes printing a revision for discussion -- for which timestamps are really helpful.  (Walkthrough is also helpful for discussion, but it's nice to be able to reference the print at the same time.)  I'm surprised that is not typical; I thought every design app includes some kind of timestamp option for any hard copy.

Sorry I did not realize that print-to-PDF is typical, but IAC I don't know how that would help, as I don't know of any Acrobat facility for timestamp-on-print (just a signature timestamp).  [Usually when I print to PDF it already includes a timestamp from the originating app.]

After reading your reply, I tried looking up macros, but found nothing in the reference manual (except for a single reference to "text macros", not described) or in a Home Designer website search.  Can you point me in a more productive direction?  Thanks again.

1 hour ago, jKaufmann said:

I tried looking up macros, but found nothing in the reference manual (except for a single reference to "text macros", not described) or in a Home Designer website search.  Can you point me in a more productive direction? 

There is no documentation for Home Designer. I'd contact Chief and ask.

1 hour ago, jKaufmann said:

My typical workflow includes printing a revision for discussion -- for which timestamps are really helpful.

How do you manage revisions?

You create a plan, then customer wants a change. Where is the change made? In the original, or do you make a copy with a new name?

Are you printing from Layout or Plan?

51 minutes ago, solver said:

There is no documentation for Home Designer. I'd contact Chief and ask [about timestamps and macros].

Will do.

56 minutes ago, solver said:

How do you manage revisions?

You create a plan, then customer wants a change. Where is the change made? In the original, or do you make a copy with a new name?

Manage revisions? - You give me too much credit.  As needed, I do a "Save As" to make an offshoot - but there will typically be multiple "progress" prints before that.  Because this is an addition to an existing house, much of the "progress" is just in fixing the documentation of what is.

Customer? My wife, my contractor and eventually municipal inspector.