Creating a floor under the 1st floor & flat regions

CCarpenter

Yikes I've got a mess! I have a couple things going on. I'm working on modeling an existing house for a renovation. I've attached photos of the house. The grade slopes so one enters the house on the 1st floor and goes down to the lower floor. Also as you can see from the photo labeled - Entry, the garage is higher than the 1st floor elevation and I've been trying to model that correctly. I've modeled the 1st floor and thought if I followed the video for the walkout basement I could change the basement walls as required to exterior walls and then create a new foundation under. Is this the best way to go about it?  Also, in the walkout video, the height of flat regions are able to be specified but, I don't seem to be able to do that. Does Pro not have that capability? Am I missing something?

Thanks for your help!

Back.jpg

Entry.jpg

Boyd Existing.plan

"Yikes  I've got a mess!"  is an understatement.

You have so many things to fix, with BOTH the house and terrain, that I wouldn't even know where to begin.

But as for setting a height for a "region", take a closer look at the terrain tools.
You have an elevation region and a flat region.  Which tool do you think that you should use if you want to specify a height?

Actually, I figured it out i.e.: how to create the lower level, fix the garage level and roof. I've fixed most of the issues. But, thanks for commenting. Regarding the terrain, I was using a flat region not an elevation region and that is why I couldn't adjust the elevation.