Shelf ceiling pantry below a ceiling with 2 heights

LabChick

Go to solution Solved by solver,

I am working with HD Suite 2021.  My ceiling drops 1' in the kitchen from the family room and I have a pantry with a shelf ceiling that straddles this drop.  This resulted in unpredictable ceiling and roof lines since the ceiling drop created 2 "rooms" in my pantry automatically.  Consequently, I changed the room definition of the kitchen to avoid the pantry and I used the "Shape-boxes" to fill in the space between the top of the pantry and the two ceiling heights.  Now I would like to put outlets on these "boxes" but I cannot seem to force them onto the boxes.  Is there a way to either not use boxes and keep the kitchen delineated by the drop in the ceiling or put outlets on them?

Kitchen defined with ceiling drop.png

Kitchen defined around pantry.png

When experimenting with this last night, the wall socket was placed on the floor (as a floor outlet) instead of the soffit.  The room divider wall allowed the outlet to be placed on the soffit.

TODAY... the outlet places on the soffit without the added room divider wall.   ?????

Weird!

I thought the suggestion by Jo_Ann to put a short room divider in the soffit was so that I no longer had to move my room divider around the pantry (see first photo when the room divider splits the pantry).  The only way to get the ceiling correct was to stop it before the pantry and then fill in the missing 11' area with boxes/soffits.  Additionally, before I moved my room divider to avoid the pantry, it also did something strange above my door (again in first photo).