need help joining manual and automatic roof planes

McHaney

I'm having trouble joining manual roof planes to automatic roof planes.  I've watched the video on advanced roof design several times and I've read the chapter on roofs in the reference manual.

I want a high-pitch roof extending from a porte cochere over the driveway at the front of the house, across the front porch, across the middle of the house, and across the patio at the back of the house.  Then I want a low-pitch hip roof over the rest of the house.  I cannot figure out how to join these roof planes.  The more I work on them, the worse they get.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

2078 RR 165 Aug 30.zip

Most often the "Join Roofs Tool" fails ONLY when you are asking it to join more than just TWO edges, it is programmed to join ONE edge to another single edge relative to roof planes, manual or auto-generated. One often has to zoom in VERY closely to see the additional line break that is causing the failure to join (often you get an "error" message that says " unable to join roof planes...." as evidence that an tiny line break is present that first must be manually removed before any joining is possible.

DJP