Can the Styles Palette be changed plan-wide in Home Designer Architectural 2022?

DavidinTennessee

Is it possible to change the style palette of your entire plan after you've already begun (and chose a preset one at the very beginning)? I want to see what my plan would look like in various styles, but I don't want to have to recreate it.

I see on YouTube they are able to do this with the professional Chief Architect software, but I don't see where it can easily be done in Home Designer Architectural. Am I just overlooking something easy? I realize I could go through and change every single item (the doors, the trim, the interior and exterior walls, etc., all throughout the plan, but there are quite a few major changes to get that accomplished, so I was hoping there was an easier way.)

Here is the YouTube video link showing how they do it in the CA program. Thank you for your insight!

17 hours ago, DavidinTennessee said:

Is it possible to change the style palette of your entire plan after you've already begun (and chose a preset one at the very beginning)?

@scottharris

I'm guessing David is asking about this, and being able to change from one to another.

ht1.thumb.png.86bd41f0a80b68c8d5768f837ab06665.png

• Upvote 1

Solver (Eric), yep, you are correct, I was indeed asking if it's possible to change the original default style settings. I am under the impression from the answer Mr. @scottharris gave that this is not an currently an option for the Home Designer program series. If that is the case, at least I have something to add to the "wish list" section! :-D

Thanks everyone!

This follow-up answer is for anyone who might want to know what I did to change the default style palette in Home Designer (I'm using HD Architect 2022, but I suspect it'll work on all of the HD programs). I ended up copying my entire plan (selecting everything on the layer by circling it) and then I created a brand new (blank) plan, and when a new plan is created it lets you choose from the various styles offered (American casual, Arts and Crafts, Colonial, Country Cottage, etc.), and then I just pasted my copied plan on there. I checked the various elements, and the elements were indeed updated to the new style palette. Doing it this way gave me 99.9% of the result I was looking for, so I'd say it's a very easy and very effective way to change the basic default styles!

-The other great thing is that the various style elements that I did make changes to (like wall treatments, furniture textures, etc.) those were all kept unchanged in the new (pasted) plan; so the only things that changed were the basic style elements in the default, not all the changes I had made. I know this might make my question seem pretty obvious to answer, but hey, it took me a bit to figure that out, and I'm thrilled because an easy and good solution is always a welcome one!

Thanks!