Gable roof over porch and Bump-Out

PaulNDebbie

How can I make a gable roof over the front porch with a flat ceiling and also make the roof over the bedroom bump out a gable roof as well?

Id be willing to email the file to anyone who would like to play with the plans, just drop me a line. 

pauld-kw@hotmail.com

Bedroom.jpg

Front Door.jpg

1 hour ago, solver said:

Home Designer Suite 2018

Answers often depend on which title (Suite, Pro etc) and version (2018, 2019 etc) you are using.

You can help everyone by adding that info to your signature (see below for how to turn them on) by clicking on your user name at the top right of the page, click Account Settings, then Signature on the left.

Doing so makes it always available, and keeps others from having to hunt for it.

And, turn on signature display too.

SIG.thumb.jpg.af17109346e9446432098056e258623d.jpg

----

Many questions have been asked and answered. The Home Designer website is a good place to start your search.

Here is a video about searching the forum: https://youtu.be/dDT6wbrrVRM

Resources for self help:

The built in Help System (always a good place to start)

I do not believe that any version of Suite can do a gable roof over a bay window using the "bay window tool", sorry. I can do it for you and return but you MUST not auto-rebuild roofs thereafter due to the limitations of Suite's roof building/editing abilities. Let me know please, the front porch gable with ceiling needs to be a "room" with a specification dialog, the walls need to be "Railing Walls" set to no ballusters (open) and the "Newels" set to look like posts (Rail Style - Post to Beam). Once you have a room designated as a "Porch" make sure that the "Flat Ceiling" is turned on in the Structure Tab of the Porch's Room specification dialog - Structure tab. Like Eric showed you can do the bay window manually (drawing three manual walls).

DJP