Question About HD Architectural 2015

Silly1980s444

I have a couple questions (about the Architectural 2015) ~ I noticed that the lighting looks different than it does in the 2014 version and I wondered if there was a way to fix it so it looks like it did (in the 2014 one). I went to my render options and tried it both ways (with and without the enhanced lighting), but it still didn't look the same (either way).

Also, I have the box checked to show reflections in mirrors, but it doesn't always show them and when it does, the colors aren't the same in the reflection (the wood is blue instead of what it's supposed to be). Does anyone know if there's a way to fix this?

(Note ~ I did download it from the homedesignersoftware.com page after I ordered it and it asked me if I wanted to download the 32 bit or the 64 bit ~ I've never seen that part before, so I wonder if that has somethin' to do with it. I also ordered the back up disc (on Wednesday) ~ I haven't received it yet, but when I do, I hope that if I use it to re install it, that might make a difference).

I hope to read a reply soon.:)

Each version is different when compared to the prior version. There are adjustments you can make to lighting and materials that makes a huge difference in the image's appearance. Changes in your PC-Mac hardware can make a large difference in what things look like in render views. Commonly, each new version has more features and enhancements but there is no intent by Chief Architect Inc to keep a completely "level" quality experience from year to year, pc to mac.

This software does what it does based on end user settings against the complication of the 3D model modified by the quality of your PC or Mac. Provided you have no malfunctioning hardware you should expect good, usable behavior from your software purchase. if you are dissatisfied you always have recourse to Tech Support and even a refund within the specified period for that, so exercise your options, be happy!

If your PC or Mac is set up for 32 bit operation then you should use the 32 bit version of HD otherwise use the 64 bit version as it should give you better overall performance compared to the 32 bit, just check your PC or Mac for that and act accordingly in harmony with what you have.

DJP

Yeah, I checked before I downloaded it to make sure I had the right one. When the disc comes, I'll try anyway (to reinstall it) and see if that makes a difference. If I do, would I have to uninstall it first, or would it just replace it when I install it with the disc? Thanks for your reply.:)